Reputation Management: How to Strip Your Brand – #pubcon Liveblog

you can find your targeted email list here
messi10

Reputation Management: How to Strip Your Brand – #pubcon Liveblog

Post by messi10 »

What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but what happens online ripples out into the real world and affects brands and businesses in major ways. Live from Pubcon Las Vegas 2015, Simon Heseltine (@SimonHeseltine), Senior Director of Audience Development at AOL, and Tony Wright (@TonyNWright), CEO and Founder of WrightIMC, give an example-rich presentation titled "Managing Reputation: How to Un-trash Your Brand” on the ins and outs of online reputation management. Heseltine is the first, and he'll share how people and brands fail at online reputation management, before handing over to Wright - who'll explain how to tackle the failures.

Destroy your brand - or, online reputation management fails Heseltine begins with a quote from journalist Jon Ronson: “People used to say the internet isn't the real world. I don't think anyone believes it anymore. Because something that happens to you on the internet can impact your life in the real world. How people are throwing your brand People often have no common sense and share completely inappropriate things, like the chef at Chili's posing shirtless in the restaurant kitchen. People like him get fired. Posting a racist tweet that has nothing to do with your job? You're gonna get fired. Post "I hate my boss or my job" under accounts where you industry mailing list use your real name? You're gonna get fired. And even if you are using a private account, other people can share those inappropriate things you shared.

These are the reasons why, when you apply for a job today, some applications actually ask, "Is there any negative information about you that we might find on the web?" » Other examples of reputation management failure? Community managers may occasionally cross their threads and post what is supposed to be a personal message on their public profile. Sometimes they have glaring typos that line your brand with unsavory stuff. Take the Associated Press, for example, tweeting that Yogi Bear was dead when in fact they were talking about Yogi Berra.